Monday, May 24, 2010

From the Diary of Tamsen Larkspur

Catastrophe!

One would think that when you defeat an evil wizard, free twenty slaves and catch the most notorious crooks in Valon that one would be treated as a heroine. One should expect songs and dances and parades.

But, instead, what does one get?

SCREWED.

Jarrow and Astrid, involved parents that they are, have taken the chalet away. I now must sleep in the main house, in that pink dungeon where I grew up. It's a kind of torture to lay in a tiny pink bed mere steps away from my parents, whom I loathe so much.

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish I'd never returned to Upper Valon. I long to be adventuring. I've grown so much. I can crawl up walls like a spider and make people vomit fire, and these people expect me to study for Etiquette exams? I have a pact with the infernal, for Correllan's sake!

Speaking of infernal things, we had another dream. In this one I'm some sort of burrowing mammal and I'm digging and digging and reaching for something shiny. Then I surface and there are human teenagers looking at me. We think maybe it has something to do with the poor people school in lower Valon, as their mascot is the badger. We'll see.

P.S. I almost forgot to mention that I almost died and stupid Pavel stole some burglar gloves off me. I hate, hate, hate Pavel and his stupid face. I'm gonna get him some day, I swear it.

xoxo
Tamsen Larkspur

No comments: